Gilford Primary School is located in the village of Gilford. The school was opened in 1933
with an enrolment of 1OO. Since opening the school enrolment has risen steadily to lO7 in
2009. At present the school has five full time teachers (including a teaching principal)
The school building has a nursery unit, five classrooms and a school library.
Every classroom has access to excellent toilet and washing facilities and spacious cloak space.
The main building also has a well equipped assembly hall and a separate canteen. In 2006 the school was fitted with a toilet for the disabled and ramps to all entrances.
The nursery also gained a covered play area in these works.
The grounds are relatively large and include one grass football pitch, a tarmac area for
games and an extensive grass area.
Giflord Primary School is under the control ol the Southern Education and Library Board, 3
Charlemont Place, The Mall Armagh. The Area Board publishes details about education in
its area and a copy ot this information can be obtained from any primary school.